Halstead ACE HE 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my central heating. The boiler is a Halstead ACE HE 24 and the problem is that the error code keeps flashing number 3, I have tried to reset the boiler on numerous occasions and the error keeps flashing number 3.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Could it be the PCB? Is there a quick fix.

Sponsored Links
That code is ignition lockout or something associated with the flame monitoring.The only way to advise you if you are not RGI is to call one in as several gas related checks need to be made.As its a combi is it completely down for both CH and HW.

Thank you for the reply. A quick update, after ringing up the emergency cover on my bank account an engineer was sent out.

He had a quick look (basically 10 mins tops) and said it could be the PCB and would probably cost £80 to £300 and would ring me on Tuesday confirm to order the new part.

Personally I think (although I could be wrong!) it is nothing to do with the PCB as it would show a different error code, after downloading and reading the explaniation of codes.

I did a few external checks on the boiler and noticed the pressure was hovering around 0.5bar

And also I had the main gas fire on this morning for around an hour.

So, I decided to reset the boiler again (with fingers crossed) and it started first time.

Just a quick question, could there be some air in the gas pipe preventing ignition or could it really be the PCB or something else.

Sponsored Links
Not air in the gas supply. How anyone can diagnose a fault with a 10 min quick look is beyond me. Basic checks obviously have not been done and you should insist on a more thorough investigation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back