Halstead ACE HE 24 Locks out unless the front panel removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone kindly help with my dilemma, Had my Halstead ACE HE24 boiler for around 2 years, we needed to move it for a loft extension moved it fine no problems but on start up the error code 3 flashes unless the steel front panel is removed then it works fine with radiators getting hot. and hot water working fine. If anyone can help this would be fantastic.

Sponsored Links
im not too familiar with that boiler but in the past i have found the same problem being linked to the fan venturi, this creates a pressure difference and tells the boiler to fire through the pressure switch, if the venturi breaks (they can be brittle) the boiler wont fire, but with the room sealed cover off exposing the fan they can fire as the pressure will be different. I hope this helps, somebody else can maybe confirm. Venturis are very cheap to buy and simple to replace, although usually require the fan to be removed which will be shown in the manual on how to do so. also check the back of the manual for fault codes, this will tell you what error 3 is

Certainly not good to use the boiler with the cover off as poc's can enter the room, but the boiler can be fired by an engineer with the cover off for various reasons and fault finding procedures

Sponsored Links
Yeah that would make alot of sense to be honest would this break from just lifting the boiler off the wall and moving it?

Yeah that would make alot of sense to be honest would this break from just lifting the boiler off the wall and moving it?
It can happen but after only two years You'd like to hope it hadnt, but these plastic venturis become so brittle from heat damage that they can just disintegrate in your hand into nany pieces. Id consult my manufacturers instructions or download it if its lost and check what the error code means. it may well say the pressure switch is at fault but that would probably be from venturi as the switch works with the cover off. either way though if your not competent call an engineer out as the fan ect needs to be assembled back in correctly.

Can i just have sensible answers please to jobs worth health and safty rubbish 45yearsgasman

Can i just have sensible answers please to jobs worth health and safty rubbish 45yearsgasman

leave your boiler alone and get an rgi to look at it, its not health and safety its common sense because you dont know what your doing.

this type of combi does not have a venturi
have you checked for EARTH CONTINUITY, POLARITY and RESISTANCE TO EARTH.
what is the gas supply pressure at the inlet pressure test point
what are the CO2 values and CO/CO2 ratio
when was it last serviced

sounds as though you may have the common fault on these boilers the repair is not a diy job

Sihaines,keep yourself under control.Safety is the number one priority and as such DIY gas repair advice will not be given on an open forum as it may also encourage others. It is to do with health and safety(your health and your neighbours safety) :rolleyes:

ok thanks for advice anyway, just to needed senisble answer but got jargon i am very aware of the risks involved and after work is completed are having all work signed off so do not need anymore warning posts i am an adult thank you.

did u get to the bottom of this, iv got the same problem :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back