halstead best 50 - not firing up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone help?

ive got a halstead best 50 boiler, about 5 years old, working fine until recently...

found out it had blown the 2amp glass fuse in the boiler, replaced it, fine for a few days and then blew again, told could be the programmer so renewed this, ok again for a week then it would not fire up, fuse still ok

any advice?????

cheers

Sponsored Links
Is this fuse on the main pcb?

Could be the fan intermittently faulting, or perhaps the pump.

Don't think there is a fuse in the ignition pcb :confused:

hi dave

no its the 2amp fast blow fuse from the mains into the aquastat control. but this fuse is ok now, it hasnt blown again, so havent got a clue

any ideas????
cheers

where did you find the fuse i think mines gone and cant see it for looking probably right in front of me

Sponsored Links
is either the "LOCKOUT" or "OVERHEAT LOCKOUT" lamp lit?
if not suspect external fault i.e not in the boiler case - check motorised valve/s ;)

Hi thanks have changed the pump because it blow a couple of fuses but still no power to pump from wiring centre also changed PCB in Dec 3 port valve seems to be moving and doing its thing have power at boiler power on purple wire in pcb
Have no light on overheat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back