Halstead Boiler Lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2 ½ years old Halstead Combi HE24 boiler which goes into a lockout condition when turned on, the reset button LED comes on blue then goes straight to red. This happens when it is re-powered or reset.

Pressing the reset button gives an error code of ‘Overheated Appliance’, but the boiler was left off for a day so it is totally cold.

Any common causes for this problem?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
you may have to reset the high limit thermostat manually have a look in the installation and service booklet and see what it says

post back if you cannot sort this out

Thanks for the reply. There is no mention in the installation manual of resetting the thermostat or any of the sensors. The only reset is the external button and this has no effect.

Is this doing this just on HW?

Could be plate HE needs de-sludging.

Sponsored Links
cant seem to find the combi 24he on halsteads website is the model a ace24he by any chance :?:

It is an HE 24 not the AceHE24 but it seems to be very similar. My guess is the Ace is a newer replacement but mostly the same inside!

The difference I saw in the manuals wiring diagram is that mine does not have a thermal fuse with the flow thermistor but it does have a thermostat on the DHW thermistor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back