Halstead Boilier keeps cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1) Halstead boiler High Ace. Only 2 to 3 years old.

2) When turning the hot water or central heating on, it cuts out after a few seconds.

3) I fitted a electric shower unit next door close to the boiler cupboard. This works perfectly fine.

4) About 4 months ago when the weather was last bad.

5) When turning the hot water or central heating, it cuts out after a few second. We are unable to have central heating and ho water.

6) A red light appears under Lockout when cutting out. I feel it may have something to do with the wrong pressure or air in the system.

Thank you for your time
regards

Colin

Sponsored Links
Easy fix. Wouldn't recommend you do it yourself so get it serviced and it will cure it.

Make sure they are CORGI registered and know Halsteads!

What does the pressure guage read on the front ?

Have you tried the reset button under the boiler or just reset using the dial on the front ?

Its the ignition lockout light as a result of a lack of APS operation.

Tony

Sponsored Links
rob884 said:
Easy fix. Wouldn't recommend you do it yourself so get it serviced and it will cure it.

Make sure they are CORGI registered and know Halsteads!

Thank you Tony.

wanleg said:
What does the pressure guage read on the front ?

Have you tried the reset button under the boiler or just reset using the dial on the front ?

The pressure is a steady 1.4 at present.

I have tried restting the dial on he front.

Where is this other one please?

Is the pressure okay?

warm regards (Well it it is cold at the moment(

Thank you

Agile said:
Its the ignition lockout light as a result of a lack of APS operation.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Can you kindly explain fruther about the APS and can I do anything?

regards

Colin

Just to confuse things a little the lockout light can also come on if the differential pressure switch does not operate in time after the pump runs.

Does the burner get as far as lighting up before the lockout occurs?

You could check the pin actuates the differential pressure switch on a DHW or HTG demand- have a look in the manual (see Halstead site).

However there are a variety of other reasons for a lockout including the air pressure switch - all corgi teritory though.

Gasguru said:
Just to confuse things a little the lockout light can also come on if the differential pressure switch does not operate in time after the pump runs.

Does the burner get as far as lighting up before the lockout occurs?

You could check the pin actuates the differential pressure switch on a DHW or HTG demand- have a look in the manual (see Halstead site).

However there are a variety of other reasons for a lockout including the air pressure switch - all corgi teritory though.

-------------
The boiler attempt to ignite for about 5 seconds then cut out!

I will have a look at their website but I think it would be best if I just call the Corgi guys out!

Thank you so much for your assistance

warm (pardon the pun as I am cold) regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back