Halstead Boss 60 Ingition Reset on CH only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I'd appreciate your wisdom on an issue I'm having with the boiler in the house we recently bought. The boiler is going into ignition reset when we try to use the central heating. It fires ok, heats up the rads then cuts out into reset mode, I can coax it back into action by turning the temperature down on the front of the boiler then it will continue to function, but the next day it will reset again. There is a knocking noise from the boiler as it heats up, I've been told this is kettling. If central heating is turned off there is still the noise when the boiler is heating up but no ignition reset.

We live in a hard water area, I plan to descale with DS 40, would I be wiser to only descale the heat exchanger and if so is it beyond the realms of a competent DIYer to remove the heat exchanger from this boiler? Should I descale the whole system with DS40 (system was installed in 95)? Should I give up and get a powerflush done with descaler? Or should I bite the bullet for a new boiler?

I appreciate that scale\sludge may not be the cause of the ignition resets, so any further ideas on this one?

Thanks for your advice!
Paul

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back