Halstead Finest Gold - PLEASE HELP, 2 ENGINEERS CANNOT!

So do I mate but only if I really can't fix something

:confused: surely that is exactly what "no fix, no fee" is.

I don't go out on spec.I charge for fault finding but only charge if I fix so the customer knows what the charge will be up front when the boiler is working.

I spent five hours on an old thorn Apollo BF years ago changed everything you can think off (no pilot was the fault) and still couldn't get it to work,even with the help of thorn's tech support who basically gave up,so I removed all of the parts I had fitted put everything back and walked away with not a penny.

Also,in the past,crawled about under houses to locate pumps and motorised valves (for free estimates)only to be told that the customer would get back to me once I had given him/her the price to replace/repair.

Sponsored Links
Now have BG man coming round - as you say at least if not fixed I won't be paying. Baffles me how supposed "engineers" (CORGI reg) are so unable to fix a problem but are keen to give you a quote for a new boiler. Difficult to think of many other industries where you still have to pay someone for being wholly incompetent - why don't people work on a "no fix no pay" basis?

to be fair tho if ya took ya car in to a garage n said it Intermittently isn't startin, but wen ya take it in it's workin every time and they couldn't find a fault so they decide to check it all over and take a educated guess at which parts to replace. would ya expect him not to charge ya for it?

I don't go out on spec.I charge for fault finding but only charge if I fix so the customer knows what the charge will be up front when the boiler is working.

So you operate a "no fix, no fee" policy then?

Nowt wrong with it.

I am amazed at how many customers i encounter who have paid out hundreds for nothing.

Sponsored Links

So you operate a "no fix, no fee" policy then?

Nowt wrong with it.

I am amazed at how many customers i encounter who have paid out hundreds for nothing.

Also depends on the customer, if you know what I mean?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back