halstead quattro gold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Halstead quattro gold boiler stopped working a couple of weeks ago. We have no hot water or central heating. No lights come on to indicate lock out and the burner light doesn't come on either. We have followed the fault finding matrix in the installation instructions. The pump starts but nothing else happens. We have checked the fan, there is no 240 volts going to it. We have checked the air pressure switch by blowing/sucking through the tube and it appears okay we could hear the micro switch working. Does any one have any idea what might be wrong? Could it be one of the PCBs or a thermostat?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reply Chris. We did try that, I forgot to mention first time. Do you have any thing else I could try?
Cheers Andy

Our Halstead quattro gold boiler stopped working a couple of weeks ago.

We have checked the air pressure switch by blowing/sucking through the tube and it appears okay

Few people I come across will wait for two weeks without their hot water. In fact most people expect me to fix it the same day!

Blow and sucking through an APS tube can be likely to damage it!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Weeell, you have to check that alll the switches which should be zero Ohms are that, and all the open ones (= infinite resistance ones ) are that.
Particularly the pressure switch, Hi limit stat, Pump overrun, aps, on off switch, flow switches ....
If all those, and their wiring, are OK, then you suspect the pcb.

Okay, we've checked all those as far as we can tell. Going by the fault finding matrix it all points to the over heat cut off device, but should this not make the lock out light come on (it doesn't)? Also when we check the pump overrun thermostat we get a closed circuit on the black and brown, should it not be closed on the red and black? Any ideas what this means, does it make any sense?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back