no hot water - halstead quattro gold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Halstead quattro gold approx. 10 year old, CH is fine, but hot water only works when CH is switched on. Water is clap cold rest of time and boiler does not fire on demand for hot water.

Could this possibly be the diverter valve or switch ? and if so, how do I fix this ? ie. new parts or repair ?

Thanks

Will

Sponsored Links
HI

Could anybody help with this please ??? I think I am the only one post without a reply........ :cry:

Thanks

Will

Diverter valve, probably just the diaphragm. See Hals site for instructions .

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply, if it is simply the diagraphm there are many net sites offering diagraphms for sale to suit halstead and many other makes, will these fit, are they universal ?, I can buy one and try for the sake of 20 pounds.

Is this advisable as like you say it does sound like this is the fault ? I dont want to buy the part though if it doesnt fit, see eazypart website fits halstead and other makes etc...but will it fit mine ? The problem is these diagprahms dont offer part nos comparative to the bolier. I guess they just want you to but the full diverter valve at an inceased cost under the correct manufacturer part no.......

Halstead site offers very little advice.

Please offer your advice

Thanks

Will

Sponsored Links
I just bought a diverter valve for my Quattro from ezypart for £37.50 + P&P brand new delivered next day . Why waste valuable time dismantling and cleaning your old div valve to save a few quid ?just slam in a new one . Mine now operates so slick I just had to turn the DHW on and off a few dozen times just to watch it working lol :rolleyes: :D

Hey Wil did the divertor valve fix your problem? And does it interfere with the gas? ie could I fit it or would I have to get a Corgi guy out to do the honours?

peanuts said:
I just bought a diverter valve for my Quattro from ezypart for £37.50 + P&P brand new delivered next day . Why waste valuable time dismantling and cleaning your old div valve to save a few quid ?just slam in a new one . Mine now operates so slick I just had to turn the DHW on and off a few dozen times just to watch it working lol :rolleyes: :D

Well, the diaphrapm is the same as the Ariston Combi range, at a cost of 3 and a half quid.

20 mins to put a new diaphragm in.

Youve wasted 30 notes on a cheap diverter peanuts, plus all the time to fit it.

Dave

peanuts said:

Well, the diaphrapm is the same as the Ariston Combi range, at a cost of 3 and a half quid.

20 mins to put a new diaphragm in.

Youve wasted 30 notes on a cheap diverter peanuts, plus all the time to fit it.

Dave

the only person who has wasted their time and money is you chum.

My replacement valve is an original part and cost the same as a diaphram kit and was definitely quicker to fit and its now June 2011 and its still working fine . :LOL: get a life Dave

You imagine that its an original part.

But dont you wonder why it does not come in a Halstead box and cost £150 like a genuine manufacturer's part?

The Ezypart diverters I've seen have not been the original make for any of the boilers they were destined for. They quite often don't exactly fit, and they fail a lot. I don't know if they're made in China but...

Their diaphragm kits often don't fit either, unless you take them apart and carefully select washers springs and circlips :)

Halstead Quattro 10 years? A bit more I think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back