Halstead Quattro - no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Woke up this morning to no hot water. Checked the boiler to find no power. Changed fuse on plug and it blew.

Got a feeling the PCB is fried. Any idea's ??

The boiler is about 10 years old, is it worth installing a new PCB ?

Should i get a professional to install as i have fitted a diverter valve myself last year.

If i should changed the boiler what should i get ?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Eliminate the other components first

try disconecting the pump first and trying it
then the fan

The PCB tends not to be the cause of blown fuses.

Eliminate the other components first

try disconecting the pump first and trying it
then the fan

The PCB tends not to be the cause of blown fuses.

Thanks for the reply.

Open up the unit, water all over the PCB looks like its leaking from the connection to the heat exchanger.

Going to take out the PCB to see what the damage is.

did one yesterday and yes the electrics are vunerable, you need new fibre washers for the divertor connections, after 10yrs they are carp ;)

Sponsored Links
did one yesterday and yes the electrics are vunerable, you need new fibre washers for the divertor connections, after 10yrs they are carp ;)

Ok next stage... took the PCB out, no major burn mark just a little on the 240v connections, but the transformer smells burn't. I have replaced the 3a fuse in the plug and connected just the power to the PCB, the fuse did not blow?

I then connected everything back, the digital timer works but no power showing :(
I can get a recon exchange PCB for £40... worth it ????

Looking at the source of the leak it seems to be coming from the air pressure valve up by the heat exchanger.... any idea's why? how can i sort this ?

Thanks again. :eek:

SOunds like an Automatic Air Vent leak. Very common. Change it, they're cheap. :)

OK sorted a vent online for £12 which is due to be delivered tomorrow.

I have also sourced a recon pcb for £40 from a company called cet. Spoke to the chap this morning, had one in stock but not yet repaired. He asked me to call back after 1 today and he should have it sorted.

If he does, good service !!! :)

Going to have a go on Thursday is all bits have arrived. Anyone got any good tips to follow when changing the vent or PCB or should i just follow the manual

Thanks again. :eek:

Ok i'm going to attempt to change the vent tomorrow. The manual says to remove the fan to gain access to the vent on the right hand side.

Is there an easier, trick of the trade to remove the vent without disturbing the fan or casing ??

Thanks.

Just to say thanksfor the replies. I have fitted the vent and left it open by half a turn. Installed the recon PCB and hey presto we have hot water.

Job done. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back