Hammond loses £2bn selling RBS shares - Magic Money Tree is alive

Sponsored Links
I've never seen anyone claim that.

However, those of us who are UK citizens and/or taxpayers have an interest, and a duty, to be aware of the actions of our government, and not to ignore their failings.

With MPs like this in charge we have no hope. This is an utter disgrace.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jun/05/hammond-forced-to-defend-rbs-shares-sale

Philip Hammond has been forced to defend the government’s decision to sell part of its stake in RBS after an overnight sale of shares left taxpayers nursing a £2bn loss.

Prem Sikka, emeritus professor of accounting at the University of Essex, said: “Why sell? Taxpayers bailed out the bank and when there is a glimpse of recovery and profits, the government sells it at a loss to ensure that profits are collected by its friends in the City.”

I wonder how anyone can defend that?
If the Tories get kicked out of office Hammond will need to call in a few favours from his friends in the City, you can't blame a bloke for wanting to look out for himself in this cruel neoliberal hell hole called the UK.

Sponsored Links
Well well. The carillon bankruptcy will cost the UK tax payers circa £500m with the accountancy and legal advisers taking in £150m.

But the Carillion bosses were great guys, right?

Just the sort of people the country needs, to help with a huge national project.

A nice big taxpayer-funded contract, for example.

Am I right?

Sponsored Links
Back