Value for money?

Yes, because share prices are starting to recover. It is important to sell before they go up any more, to maximise profits for the lucky recipients.

This will prevent taxpayers making a gain, which would be most undesirable.

£1.8bn loss and there is not a word. £20m for poor school kids and they were erupting all over the place.

The media really has stitched their tiny brains up.

Sponsored Links
£20m for poor school kids

Many Tory supporters seem to dislike the children of the poor, and like to see them go hungry.

I hear Johnson has been forced by public opinion to employ somebody to try and do Rashfords's job.

PRC_178840879.jpg

Stop lying you old fool. You just use this rubbish hindsight excuse which has been exposed so many times when the Government itself does a U-turn.

You are such a fool continually having to lie to yourself to support actions which you know are wrong.
Sorry, I missed the bit where you tell us what should have been done in advance and not hindsight criticism. What was it again?

Many Tory supporters seem to dislike the children of the poor, and like to see them go hungry.

I hear Johnson has been forced by public opinion to employ somebody to try and do Radcliffe's job.

So let me get this straight.

Tory supporters - No to dwellings fit for humans, No to £20m for poor school kids

Yes to reducing your right to protest, Yes to £1.8bn loss on shares, billions on PPE.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I missed the bit where you tell us what should have been done in advance and not hindsight criticism. What was it again?

Simple. No need to sell the shares now.

You really are dim.

If you keep on trotting the defence well hindsight innit, then why so many government U-turns you idiot.

Simple. No need to sell the shares now.

You really are dim.

The aim was to sell a load last year and the year before but because of market volatility and Covid it didn't happen. The current target date to offload the whole lot is 2025, that will be pushed back by another couple of years by which time they will have been state owned for almost 20 years, that was never the intention.

Banking shares ain't that attractive at the moment, they probably did well to sell them at all.

But your solution is what? hold them till they hit £10 a share.

******* idiot.

G bringing a little ray of sunshine to the thread.
An insight into his life again.

I hear Johnson has been forced by public opinion to employ somebody to try and do Rashfords's job.

PRC_178840879.jpg

I agree that doesn’t seem much but do the parents have to go to the closed school to get them or are they packaged up and delivered to them? If so, there’s a whole process involved in ordering goods in, sorting into packages and of course, delivering them. It’s a business with seven real layers of staff which all has to be paid for. I could buy one banana from Sainsbury’s for about 12p but they wouldn’t deliver it to me for free, it’d be at least a fiver.

The government's contract food box supplier provided poor value.

One of my neighbours has a child with a disability. While the school was closed, it arranged weekly food boxes which were delivered FOC by parent and supporter volunteers. When one was misdelivered to me (I didn't know who it was for) one of the teachers came round to collect it, and gave her a fresh one.

Several of the supermarkets provide discounted food boxes.
Example: https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/morriso...ion-of-free-school-meals-boxes/652308.article

Prior to the government being shamed into feeding the children of the poor during school holidays, various local businesses, voluntary groups, constituency parties, takeways and food shops provided meal boxes FoC, and I contacted my local one to make a contribution.

We are not all Tories.

"Morrisons has upscaled its production of food boxes to help school children entitled to free school meals.

The supermarket said it had upped capacity so it could produce “tens of thousands” of boxes each week. It has been working with schools since November to provide breakfast and lunch food to isolating children who would normally be eligible for free school meals.

It has moved the task of fulfilment out of stores and to its Food Boxes manufacturing team. It is also partnering with DPD to deliver the boxes directly to pupils’ homes, free of charge.

The Morrisons School Meal Box costs £15. Morrisons said it provided enough food for one child to have five breakfasts and five lunches."

20 January 2021

The aim was to sell a load last year and the year before but because of market volatility and Covid it didn't happen. The current target date to offload the whole lot is 2025, that will be pushed back by another couple of years by which time they will have been state owned for almost 20 years, that was never the intention.

Banking shares ain't that attractive at the moment, they probably did well to sell them at all.

But your solution is what? hold them till they hit £10 a share.

******* idiot.

You are even dumber than I thought then. You just make up rubbish - hard to sell them? What the f do you know about liquidity in the equity markets? Do you know what market makers do? Thats the worst justification I have read. Get your head out of your rear.

Nat West is paying out dividends - about 40% of their profits going forward. This is share ownership not control. The greatest investor - Buffet talks about long term ownership.

You truly are so effed in your head defending the wasting of billions - your hypocrisy is exposed.

So tell me if the shares are privately owned whats the difference to the way Natwest is run and operated?

Last edited:

PRC_178840879.jpg

Strawman anybody?

Everyone agrees that some of the food boxes delivered by companies were completely inadequate, including the government. The company involved in this case has apologised and cancelled its invoices for the period in which they were failing. I believe the contract has now been moved to another company.

Sponsored Links
Back