Happy New Year and Belated Christmas Greetings!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My uncharacteristic and conspicuous absence from here for a good few weeks will probably not have escaped some of you. This was initially due to unusually high demands of work, but then transitioned in to the inevitable pre-Christmas and Christmas Chaos!

Anyway, I still exist and hope to be able to return to at least some participation in the forum!

In the meantime, I hope that everyone had a great Christmas,, and would take this opportunity to wish everyone a healthy, happy and successful 2023!

Ki9ndest Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hope you had a good Christmas and wish you a good new year.

I have been the reverse to you, collapsed at work, so told not to return, seems they felt if children saw some one looking like father Christmas dying it may upset them, even if I could not play him, as I do not speak Welsh, so only did car park duties, told kids he was my dad, and other guy with long beard said he was his cousin, so 4 days less volunteering than planned.

I am OK, but likely was taking on too much, return to volunteering on the 4th, but no punters until Easter, so if I am ill it will not upset the general public. Keeps me active, looking forward to seeing the biggest narrow gauge diesel locomotive arriving in Wales, on loan from Taiwan
1672507238778.png
Should pull the punters.

Hope you had a good Christmas and wish you a good new year.
Hi eric. Yes, I had a great Christmas, and thanks for your good wishes, which I certainly reciprocate.
I have been the reverse to you, collapsed at work, so told not to return, seems they felt if children saw some one looking like father Christmas dying it may upset them, even if I could not play him, as I do not speak Welsh, so only did car park duties, told kids he was my dad, and other guy with long beard said he was his cousin, so 4 days less volunteering than planned. ... I am OK, but likely was taking on too much, return to volunteering on the 4th, but no punters until Easter, so if I am ill it will not upset the general public. Keeps me active, looking forward to seeing the biggest narrow gauge diesel locomotive arriving in Wales, on loan from Taiwan Should pull the punters.
I'm sorry to hear of your collapse, but very pleased to hear tat you are now OK. As I presume we are both discovering, one of the frustrations of increasing age is that one is forced to accept (even if reluctantly) that one simply can't do a lot of the things, or so many of them, as one could in the past. However, as I always say, there's no point in moaning about 'getting old', since the only alternative ('never getting old') is even less desirable ;)

Happy New Year!

Kindest Regards, John

Welcome back and glad to hear most are in reasonable health.
My Christmas was shot away from me after completely avoiding COVID until testing positive on Christmas eve so Mrs Sunray went off to daughters with the turkey I smelt roasting all morning to leave me home alone with a ham sandwich. slept through most of 25th, 26th & 27th but never mind, there are still presents under the tree for when i'm clear.

Welcome back and glad to hear most are in reasonable health.
My Christmas was shot away from me after completely avoiding COVID until testing positive on Christmas eve so Mrs Sunray went off to daughters with the turkey I smelt roasting all morning to leave me home alone with a ham sandwich. slept through most of 25th, 26th & 27th but never mind, there are still presents under the tree for when i'm clear.
Sorry to hear that, but hope that you are now on the mend. There's clearly a lot of Covid around (including in my family/friends) but, fortunately, it seems now to only rarely be causing 'serious illness' in the vaccinated.

Very best wishes for a rapid recovery and a good 2023.

Kindest Regards, John

Sorry to hear that, but hope that you are now on the mend. There's clearly a lot of Covid around (including in my family/friends) but, fortunately, it seems now to only rarely be causing 'serious illness' in the vaccinated.

Very best wishes for a rapid recovery and a good 2023.

Kindest Regards, John
Thank you, I havn't felt really ill with it, other than bit of a sore throat & a bit of coughing i've just been really tired.

Anyway happy new year to all and hopefully not too many difficulties.

Thank you, I havn't felt really ill with it, other than bit of a sore throat & a bit of coughing i've just been really tired.
That's not 'too bad', the. However, Covid apart, there seem to be some very odd viruses about. For about 6 weeks, I've had intermittent cough, sniffing/runny nose, occasional sore throat and elevated temp, and a lot more tiredness/fatigue than usual (but repeated negative Covid tests) - and my daughter and her husband have had much the same over the same period.

However, it clearly could be far worse!

Kind Regards, John

That's not 'too bad', the. However, Covid apart, there seem to be some very odd viruses about. For about 6 weeks, I've had intermittent cough, sniffing/runny nose, occasional sore throat and elevated temp, and a lot more tiredness/fatigue than usual (but repeated negative Covid tests) - and my daughter and her husband have had much the same over the same period.

However, it clearly could be far worse!

Kind Regards, John
One of my neighbours has had similar symptoms as yourself and to a much lessor extent (just a tickle/throat clear) so have I but Generally I expect a cold of some sort around late autumn so it went virtually unnoticed by me.

I do ocassional tests for visiting relatives in homes, roughly 2-3 per month and right up to 18th Dec no problem. I think my most likely pick up point was 17th at a carol/song evening or 18th at a family meal in a restaurant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back