Have I got any chance of draining this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m thinking I’m better draining the system rather than trying to get something to catch the water under these valves, anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• 2B31E218-F241-4180-BEC2-F2ABD014AA24.jpeg
    2B31E218-F241-4180-BEC2-F2ABD014AA24.jpeg
    292.2 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
Might undoing those unions going onto the rad at either side, release the water? You could squeeze a bowl between the bottom of the rad, and the two valves.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. The rad is cracked at one of the welded seams on the big chrome tube sections. Not something I’ve seen before.

Might undoing those unions going onto the rad at either side, release the water? You could squeeze a bowl between the bottom of the rad, and the two valves.
Yes, but I’m struggling to think of anything that’d actually fit in that gap and worried it’ll just pour down the pipe. Might give one of those plumb tubs a go

Close both valves, open vent to check valves are shut.
Remove all screws, undo one union and quickly pull that side of rad toward you, have a 3/4 BSP rad valve to hand, pre closed, and attach to rad to act as a cap. then do same other side. Job done, just a few drips lost onto towel underneath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back