Have to have heating and hot water at same time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just a bit of help please.
I am experiencing problems with regards to my hot water at home. I am finding that if I want to have a bath in the morning, I have to have all my heating on (inc. central heating). Now i have checked the switch inside my boiler, and even when this is set to just how water (summer mode) my CH still comes on!
The DHW is fed from a cylinder located in the bathroom airing cupboard. Now this is our first year in the house and I am suspecting that a motorised valve valve may have been removed from somewhere are there is one lying around in the shed!!! I have also been told to check the time clock.

Can anyone shed any light on what may be causing this.
Many thanks,
Ben

Sponsored Links
What boiler do you have installed? some do not need, or can have, a motorised valve.

Certainly sounds like a ch zone valve stuck open, or if the valve you have in the shed is just the head, it may have been removed if it was faulty and not replaced, leaving the valve body open and uncontrolled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back