Having a new Worcester boiler fitted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I moved house nearly 4 months ago and one of the first things on my list was to have the very old, noisy, dirty and temperamental Baxi boiler replaced. Having got a couple of quotes the best seems to be a local firm who have proposed the following:

Old boiler, cylinder, tanks and old pipework will be removed and walls etc made good, then a brand new Worcester 37CDi combi condensing boiler will be fitted. Existing 15mm gas supply pipe will be replaced with a larger pipe all the way back to the meter, and the boiler location will move upstairs to one of the spare bedrooms. We'll have a room thermostat in the downstairs hallway.

While onsite the fitters will also replace some plastic piping I fitted to repair a leak to one of the upstairs radiators, cap off the supply to a dodgy looking gas fire in the living room, fit a new rad in the living room, and run additional gas and water supplies out to our extension where I plan to fit a brand new kitchen (the existing kitchen will become a dining room, hence moving the boiler upstairs, and they will also move and replace the existing stop-cock which would be in the way when I rip out the kitchen). System will be flushed and corrosion inhibitor added. Work and materials will be covered by the installers 12 month guarantee, boiler will be covered by Worcester for 5 years, they will register with Corgi and local building inspector, and they'll remove all scrap/waste on completion.

They reckon it'll take 4 days and all this for under £3K, which based on the other quotes seems very fair.

Can you guys think of anything else I should ask them about, or be concerned about before I go ahead?

Sponsored Links
Tell them you want four years annual servicing from Worcester thrown in too.

Cost to them for this is about £200 or less if they are fitting more than 50 WB boilers per year.

Price is a good one though so be prepared to 'split the difference' on the servicing.

wb 37cdi and copper pipe and all other materials for £200...where ?

at that price i'll have as many as they can sell me :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Just had a system boiler fitted 2 months ago, quite a fair price for the removal of my old boiler remove old pipes and fit new worcester greenstar with all the pipes run (new ) and 15mm gas pipes replaced with 22mm all for £1900 excellent I thought. The thing that intrigues me is where does the 5 year warranty for the boiler come from I got 1 year with an extra 1 year if I registered my boiler. Any thoughts please.

The additional warranties and servicing are available if your installation is installed by a Worcester approved installer.

The standard two year warranty becomes three years or five depending on the type of WAI you employ however a WIA who can only offer three year warranty as standard can purchase two additional years warranty for £115 from WB enabling that WAI to offer a five year warranty but the WAI can pay £210 for the additional two years plus four years servicing from WB therefore a WIA can offer a five year warranty and four years WB servicing at very little cost relative to the cost of the work.

WAIs installing more than fifty boiler per year can offer five years warranty as standard and presumably the four years servicing will only cost those WAIs about £100 or thereabouts.

Customers can purchase additional warranties from WB for about £150 per year or £190 including a boiler service from WB however WB's fixed price repair service costs £180.

Ok, I'll ask about the servicing especially as I expect Worcester will only honour the warrantee if the appliance has been serviced annually.

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back