HC60NG gives up on Xmas day!!

You won't have any temperature control if you do that as the boiler will be permanently on.
So the radiators don't utilise TRV's....
You do what you want Mr Hailsham although I don't buy your lame excuse regarding temp control...TURN the fookin heating OFF @ the boiler when house is up to temp and back ON when you feel chilly , it is only for a couple of days FFS....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
More fool you having to clamber in the loft/shed in order to break out the heaters...have you enough heaters for the bedrooms too???
Before breaking out the leccie heaters you should of asked on here how the receiver could be overridden , we are here to help so don't be afraid to ask..(n)

Sponsored Links
So the radiators don't utilise TRV's....
You do what you want Mr Hailsham although I don't buy your lame excuse regarding temp control...TURN the fookin heating OFF @ the boiler when house is up to temp and back ON when you feel chilly , it is only for a couple of days FFS....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
More fool you having to clamber in the loft/shed in order to break out the heaters...have you enough heaters for the bedrooms too???
Before breaking out the leccie heaters you should of asked on here how the receiver could be overridden , we are here to help so don't be afraid to ask..(n)

Turning the boiler stat to lower setting might help too. But then again, BDR coming tomorrow so no worries.

I guess after linking A-C Mr Hailsham had no option but to plug the heaters in...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
;)

I guess after linking A-C Mr Hailsham had no option but to plug the heaters in...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
;)
I didn't fall for that one, or your suggestion to link L to C, as I knew that the only way of providing a switched live to the boiler was by linking A to B, which for some reason or another (humour?) you told me not to do.

As for clambering about in the loft, that wasn't necessary either as the heaters were in a spare bedroom, having been lent recently to someone while their gas supply pipe was replaced.

Sponsored Links
BDR91 arrived at lunchtime; now fitted and heating working again.

But it wasn't a straightforward swap as the cable channels behind the backplate are in completely different positions. So the cable comes through the wall in the wrong position. Relay is currently hanging in the air. Tomorrow I will sink a plastic back box into the plasterboard, to give space for the cable, and mount the relay on it.

BDR91 arrived at lunchtime; now fitted and heating working again.

But it wasn't a straightforward swap as the cable channels behind the backplate are in completely different positions. So the cable comes through the wall in the wrong position. Relay is currently hanging in the air. Tomorrow I will sink a plastic back box into the plasterboard, to give space for the cable, and mount the relay on it.

Nice one, shouldn't take you more than a morning (y) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

For future ref taking the switchlines out and running them through a lightswitch would've worked very well and given you control ;)

Tha
For future ref taking the switchlines out and running them through a lightswitch would've worked very well and given you control ;)
That's a useful suggestion(y); but I may not remember it in nine years time when I have to replace the new one!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back