HD TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone else feels cheated after buying a TV with "HD READY" stickers all over it only to find that you have to buy another box to get HD.

Sponsored Links
A lot of people felt cheated. I guess you could be cold-hearted and say they should have done their research but I'm "in the trade" and even I didn't know, at first, that Freeview HD was on its way.

That may be true but it was always clear that you were buying HD ready or Full HD.

Sponsored Links
well Super HD TV is on its way, but apparently you can't tell the difference unless you've got an 80" plus screen, Personally I'm really looking forward to proper OLED screens coming along. Proper contrast at last!!

I wonder if anyone else feels cheated after buying a TV with "HD READY" stickers all over it only to find that you have to buy another box to get HD.
Cheated... How? Specifically because it doesn't receive Freeview HD or more generally that HD channels are mostly available buy subscription only?

Hmmm... I have always thought it a little misleading, but I do have to agree with a previous reply. You should always do your research!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back