hdd video recorder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks. I am not sure if I'm posting this question in the right place but here goes!
I have a Digifusion FVRT150 hard drive video recorder with freeview.
Since we had a power cut on Saturday night the display shows 'hold' all the tim and won't respond to the remote although the two appear to be communicating. I have tried disconnecting it completely for 4 hours (twice) but on power-up the same thing happens. The helpline number (08702405005) does not appear to work. Has anyone got any ideas. :confused: Thanks, Hairyjon

Sponsored Links
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews88373.html

General comments: All HD recorders are hybrids of TV and PC technology, often sharing generic components that may or may not work together under all circumstances. My system locked in the 'HOLD' display until the customer service rep explained how to switch off, hold down the two top left buttons and switch on with the buttons held down. This lost my recordings but subsequently I've just done the reset and switched on without keeping the buttons down and it retained them. None of this is in the manual, presumably because they don't want to frighten off non-teckky customers. The problem seems to have been a corrupt download of the new operating system on September 28 last - caused by a faulty aerial wire on my side. Unfortunately, the reset restores the original software version which has a couple of bugs in it. For example, it crashes to an EP9 code if I leave it recording overnight - but this is easily sorted by a power-off cycle. You have to check the Digifusion website to know to leave the unit on overnight on the dates when they are downloading software updates otherwise you will miss them. Again, a pdf download from their website of a more complete manual would be a good idea. I've found the Customer Service by email helpful and fairly prompt.

Any use??

More stuff .. http://digifusion.jeamland.org/
:)

Hi Empip.
Thanks for your reply and the links. I managed to get hold of the Digifusion helpline this morning and they told me about the reset process. I have carried this out but the unit still says 'hold' all the time. I will have one more attempt but it looks as though the hard drive has had it. I will read through the link you gave me relating to hard drive upgrades and see what can be done. As the cost of these has come down and the availability it greater it may be more economic now. :) Thanks, Hairyjon

Sponsored Links
Back