Header Tank Filling up

Please Help. My header tank is filling and then overflowing. Am pretty sure it is associated with using the shower from a bath / shower combined tap set, and probably cold going up the expansion. What is the best cure. If its a non return valve, where does it fit? Is there another cure? Also am very confused as I have a small worcester combi boiler and yet have a header tank. Could you also explain this. Cheers

what can i say

untill we get some info the jurys out

Sponsored Links
Cowley , many thanks, this explains it all, header tank for cold = nothing to do with combi. Combi just for hot. Will fit a non return over weekend. Thanks everyone for input.

Thats it non return valve in cold fixed it. There was no expansion pipe over the top of the tank, just back filling via cold feed. There is a massive inbalance at the shower between the cold (Gravity- 4M head) and hot (mains pressure via the combi). Its nearly impossible to get the shower cold enough (without turning combi stat right down) The bath, toilet cistern and basin all get the cold via the header tank. How about if just bypassed the header and connected the tank feed to the outlet so entire flat was on mains?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back