headlights

I was caught out recently with non-functioning rear lights. When I reverse out of my drive, I can see my lights reflected (tail and brake) in the front window of the house opposite - a reasonable way to check they are working on a daily basis.

However, whilst driving I was alerted by a fellow motorist to the fact that I had no brake lights apart from the central high level one. I checked immediately and found his assertions to be correct. Quickly swapped my reversing light bulbs over in order to continue the journey, and felt a right tw@t because I always curse anybody with defective lights. Still don't know to this day why they both failed at the same time.

To add insult to injury, the very next evening I had a repeat of events where I was advised by somebody travelling behind me that I had no tail lights. Upon checking, sure enough, nothing working. Had to return home using rear fog lights (again, this really grated as I hate their inappropriate use) as this was deemed the lesser of two evils - either be dazzled by me or fail to see me altogether.

Any suggestions as to what might have caused 2 brake lights and 2 tail lights all to fail within the space of 48 hours? Could it have been a power surge? What are the chances of all bulbs failing at the same time? No other bulbs were affected. I'm glad to say it has never happened again since.

Sponsored Links
One of my rear lights kept going out and I found a playful little slap on the unit usually put it back on again. However about ten minutes ago my playful little slap just smashed the red glass bit (to use the technical expression). So now i dont think the light is working, and it wouldnt be red anyway.
:oops:
My headlights work though. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back