Healstead Safety Lockout after Radioator Bleed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - today I bled some radioators - one of them I let some water flow out (about half a cups worth) about 30 mins later my girlfriend went to have a shower and reported no mhot water - I touched the radiator and noted they were now cold.

The boiler is showing an illuminated safety lockout light - I have tried rebooting it and pressing the overheat reste button but as soon as I turn a tap on it locks out again.

Not sure if it helps but the pressure reads 0.

Is this because I let some water out of the radiator or just a coincidence? Is there anything I can try myself to fix it - I am bloody freezing!
:(

Sponsored Links
Brilliant - many many many thanks - I turned the valves on for a few seconds and hey presto I now have heating again!

Only one problem - being under the boiler I also noticed a slight leek coming from the bottom of my boiler - it's not drastic but it's definetly leaking water from somewhere.

Is this something I can leave for a few weeks?

Sponsored Links
Thanks - does that need attention ASAP? - I have a bucket under it and it's leaking about a cup every 24 hours

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back