Heater Exchange Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just paid for an engineer to shut down my central heating and hot water because my Worcester combi boiler is leaking around the heater exchange and I'm not getting any hot water from the taps - the heating still works.

I've been quoted £750 to replace the heater exchange... does this sound right...? Am I being qquotedtoo much for components and labour?

Regards
Jamie

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have a worcester Junior 24i combi boiler. I managed to refill the system and plug it back in and have it working again... well I have central heating and funnily enough there is now hot water. I imagine that the dripping from underneath the heater exchange is still happening.

i have checked with my house insurance policy and they will pay up to £500 for any work to be carried out - YIPPEE!

However, I would still like to feel like I'm in control when the engineer calls.

Regards
Jamie

Sponsored Links
I would think you could buy a new boiler for £750 :eek:

You need to find the reason why the HE leaked in the first place. Perhaps the system was not powerflushed upon installation :eek:

part retail is 230 +vat, ish
an hour to do
so £750 seems a bit steep!

Worcester heat exchangers are not known for leaking very often. I would make double sure that it is not the prv or a washer. 750 is very expensive when you bear in mind that the 24 I junior was the cheapest in the range and cost about 500 for the whole boiler.

Yes, £750 for a new washer, that sounds about right. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back