Heating Controls - which brand

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our heating engineer is suggesting to use IFLO branded heating controls?

I have been told they are, they are made by LifeStyle - but I have not heard of LifeStyle either - just Drayton LifeStyle...

Can any one shed light on this IFLO brand.

I have the option to pay £75 and go for honeywell, do heating control brands make alot of difference?

Sponsored Links
From Charnwood's link you can see that they are indeed Drayton controls with a different logo.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Our heating engineer is suggesting to use IFLO branded heating controls?

I have been told they are, they are made by LifeStyle - but I have not heard of LifeStyle either - just Drayton LifeStyle...

Can any one shed light on this IFLO brand.

I have the option to pay £75 and go for honeywell, do heating control brands make alot of difference?

All synchron motors go on the blink, Honeywell ones also. So go for Salus controls, we have never had a faulty control that they have not replaced FOC, and that's only been one or two. Their RF stuff is 1st class & never had a faulty one yet.

Sunvic is another one, MOMO zone valves are great & made here in Scotland(well via China), a great product.

Honeywell stuff is not as good as it once was, we find their RF stuff cr.p, hard on batteries & if someone rings the doorbell the CH comes on!!!
They may be the best of a bad bunch, at most.

It's funny how everyone recommends the controls that they fit when controls covers so many products.

Programmer/timer - I find Drayton are rock solid. Nice and easy to work. Honeywell have more feautures but have had some problems with their digital timeswitch. Potterton the sliders always go wrong. Horstman and danfoss ok but tend to have problems with age.

Room stat - Hard wired once again Drayton I find rock solid. Honeywell good but seen quite a few where the dial has cracked. Wireless ones I would say the older Drayton ones tend to go wrong with age but not had a problem with new version yet. Honeywell on the wireless version are excellent. Salus you get what you payfor they are cheap and had many failures on the wireless stat.

Cylinder stats - not much difference between them all don't often go wrong.

3 port/ zone valves - I would fit Honeywell everytime. Drayton are good all the rest sunvic, potterton, danfoss not the best actuators

Each brand has it's good and bad products but if your choice is Honeywell or Drayton both are good products.

I know that everyone will argue with what I say but this is my experience of going out to on average 25-30 breakdowns a week for the last 15 years

Can't disagree with those points except you're being too kind about Salus RF products.

Rubbish, Salus RF is very good, the RT500 is a 1st class product. Perhaps you chaps can't set them up correctly or understand electrics & electronics?

hahaha salus, have a day offf dick, are you on the payroll or something???

OP- drayton stuff is fine. BG have been using this gear for yonks, and they tend to dump anything unreliable(magnaclean, ideal, myson pumps)

personal prefference is danfoss and honeywell, but its all a muchness for this kind of gear

hahaha salus, have a day offf dick, are you on the payroll or something???

OP- drayton stuff is fine. BG have been using this gear for yonks, and they tend to dump anything unreliable(magnaclean, ideal, myson pumps)

personal prefference is danfoss and honeywell, but its all a muchness for this kind of gear

I wish I could Micky mate, stuck at work again!!.......... :rolleyes:

thought with all your successes and ivory towers I thought you'd be retired by now
working in to your 70s cant be good for your health :LOL:

thought with all your successes and ivory towers I thought you'd be retired by now
working in to your 70s cant be good for your health :LOL:

You can't be a Captain of industry mate without putting in the hours!!
That's where these young pups get it all wrong, lazy bas.ards!!
Lunch is for wimps.............. :LOL: :LOL:

Hi all,

thanks for the useful responses. I have concluded that I wont go wrong with either Drayton or Honeywell (@£75 extra).

Final question which I think was partly answered but not sure - are IFLO and drayton products the same thing?

Perhaps you chaps can't set them up correctly or understand electrics & electronics?

Then we're not alone. If you took away the posts complaining about Salus, we'd hardly have a forum left. Even the name sounds sh*t.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back