heating doesn't get warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
our heating system doesn't seem to get as warm as it did. There seems to be a chill. We have a room stat that is set between 21-22c. Some of our rads have thermostatic vavles but we have always left these fully open. The radiators get warm but i wouldn't say hot! I have checked and double checked that the valves are open, no air as they have been bled time nd time again. We have a baby now so the system id never off. We drop it to 19c overnight so it never goes below this. The rads only seem to ever get warm not hot as if you couldn't put your hands on them. Its as if we need to turn the stat to 25c to make it warmer which we don't want to do. The room stat is didigtal and i have checked its accurate with a thermometer. The boiler is a swiftflow and is serviced every year. Any help appreciated. sorry if i've gone on but i have tried to give as much info as possible.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back