Radiators only getting warm not hot.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Experts,

I have a Worcester Heatslave 9.24 BF combi boiler, with an open tank on the top. The boiler has the integrated programmer and a room stat that looks the same age as the boiler.

The boiler is situated upstairs, the hot water is great and gets as hot as you expect.

The radiators however only get past warm never banging hot and consequently not warming the house enough. All the rads (8 in total) seem to get to the same temp. With the exception of the one nearest the boiler which gets a bit hotter. When you turn the heating on the rads all warm up very quickly, but only to a certain point. When I open the bleed valves on the rads, there is no air and the water is clear.

The temp of the rads is the same if the the setting on the boiler is set to max and the room stat is on 30 degrees, never gets hot!!??

Any ideas, or help much appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi Diyisfun,

Yeah they used to get hot, only really noticed the decline with this cold snap, so I can not identify a significant change point.

Is DIY really fun??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back