Heating Engineer Problem! HELP!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gas combi Sime Super 80. I had a problem where the CH was working fine and the DHW would only kick in if the taps were fully turned. The fault looked like a DV problem. I ordered a DV and arranged for an engineer to replace it. The said engineer came and replaced the part, re-commissioned the boiler with pressure at 1.6bar, checked that the CH and DHW were working but only briefly. All appeared to be sorted so we went out for a few hours.

On return, I checked the boiler and pressure had gone up to 3.5bar and the CH would not work, I bled some radiators to get the pressure down which it did for a while but since then it has gone back up, the CH still does not work. I phoned the engineer and was shocked by his attitude, he implied the part was dodgy and that he did not like working with provided parts. Then why take the job in the first place?!?!!?!? He said everything was working fine when he left, must be something I had done!?!? He has however agreed to come and have a look but I have a gut feeling that he is going to try to squirm out of it. Can anyone confirm if a DV would cause the pressure to rise and/or the CH to not work?

I paid the engineer by cheque and hopefully he will come and fix it but I have a horrible feeling, he will not fix the problem!!!! HELP!!!!

Sponsored Links
PVMan said:
Ooohhhhhhh dear, rubbish boiler, rubbish customer, rubbish engineer, think you all deserve each other.

..............and perhaps another RUBBISH post from yourself?

Sponsored Links
HaaaaaaaHHHHHaaaaaaaahhhhahhhhhahhhh, I absolutaly love the way it is so easy to wind up dipsticks on this forum, lovely jubby. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Stupid postings get stupid answers.

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
HaaaaaaaHHHHHaaaaaaaahhhhahhhhhahhhh, I absolutaly love the way it is so easy to wind up dipsticks on this forum, lovely jubby. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Stupid postings get stupid answers.

Oh you are naughty but I like you ;)

must say that i never ever, no jose, uh uh do I fit client supplied parts
for this reason

There is no way of knowing where they got it from (you probably got it at a reputable place mate but a lot wont) and they always scream at you when it goes wrong (like we have the guarantee from the manufacturers)

Sorry mate but you are a bit stuck in my opinion

You have water getting into the system the heat hw exchanger may be leaking in to the ch ? its very common

PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
Ooohhhhhhh dear, rubbish boiler, rubbish customer, rubbish engineer, think you all deserve each other.

Why do you bother mate!?!?! Not getting any?

Anyway for those that have something worth saying, thanks for the responses.........................

The engineer has returned and his attitidue has somewhat improved, he has agreed to fix the problem and that there may not be a problem with the part after all (a genuine DV from www.ezypart.co.uk). First thing he did was to disconnect the Filling Loop. The pressure has now gone down and is staying down. His next thoughts as to why the CH does not start were the heat exchanger or that water may have got into the PCB boards! He is going to contact the manufacturer. However have Sime gone bust?!

Obviously working with parts provided by the customer has its drawbacks but that should be down to the engineer, you either take the job on or have a rule carte blanche, that you do not work with customer provided parts. Seems like some want their cake and eat it!! If it was a general accepted rule that no engineers work with customer provided parts, then customers would not buy them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back