Heating Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a Trianco Tristar boiler the only numbers on the system are.

Tristar W.M. 45 F G.C. 41.898.45

which are located on the hinged door on the boiler, ive had this system for about 10 years without any problems untill today, as the boiler switched on i all of a sudden got loud clunking noises from the pipes near to the boiler, i cant get to them cause they go into the ceiling, now i've beld all the radiators, i went into the loft and checked the tank in their and it is full of water, i have no hot water, (thank god i had a seperate emersion tank installed) but the upstairs radiators are hot and the downstairs are cold.

After reading a lot of posts on here, its most likely an airlock but i have no idea as to how i get the air out of the system.

Some information on here also led me to believe that the pump might have gone but i don't know how to test that either and if their was just air in the pump would it work at all and make any noise.

Can anyone advise me what to do, it was working fine at 6am and 2 hours later this happened, is their a pump test i can do or might their be something i am missing in trying to get the air out of the system, it all kicks in fine then about 30 seconds in i get the clunking then it all goes off again, i don't want to buy a new pump and change it if i don't have too, one good thing is my kids are having a fun time with all the old toys i've taken out of the loft.

The information on the pump is, Grundfos Selectric, 240v, UPS 15-50.

Thanks,
Jessica.

Sponsored Links
sounds to me that the feed pipe is blocked on the f.e. tank its very common
just at the T join from header tank.. :)

Ive fixed it now thanks, i went to b&q bought a new pump, read the trouble shooter, did wot it said on their, unscrewed the big screw seal in the front of the pump used a small screwdriver to see if the pump was free and moving it wasnt, it was completely stuck, i took the old pump off n put the new pump on, its working great no more clunking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back