Heating not working after replacing room stat...

ok, Ive had a look around and found the following fuse wise.
In the airing cupboard with the water tank there is a fused switch faceplate below the main programmer. and another faceplate with a red LED on it just above that. I cannot find a fuse at all near the boiler.

Would a picture /photo help?

Sponsored Links
Some photos of whats there...

The main programmer in the airing cupboard

stat.jpg

The switch below that

stat3.jpg

The wiring console and fuse that sits below the programmer

stat2.jpg

and the boiler controls...

stat4.jpg

does this help?? Im geting cold!! :confused:

PS. ive changed the fuse in the faceplate in pic 3

The lights on the control suggest there is power getting to the controller

There is invariably a fuse in the boiler. Are there any lights lit on the boiler ? If not then the fuse in the boiler may have blown.

This is often mounted on the printed circuit board and is NOT the type use in plugs and FCUs and can require more than average DIY skill and tools to change it.

There are no lights on the boiler and nothing that looks like it would light up anyway.

However, I have just removed the front cover to have a better view, and tryed lighting again. The pilot light has now lit and will remian lit but when I keep the gas knob in the on position and turn the thermostat knob on the boiler it does not ignite to full flame.?

Its just the pilot still going.

Sponsored Links
At this point you need to ask for advice from a person who is experienced with that type of boiler.

A move the the plumbing and central heating forum may be a good idea.

Is it possible to get some ideas of what the problem might be ?

I was suggested to get a multimeter and try that over the room stat, however at present there would be no need as the room stat is by-passed due to the live and switched live being connected together directy.

What would i be checking for now??

the general sequence would be programmer->roomstat->zone valve->boiler/pump.

you will have to check if the zone valve is open or in the correct position if its mid position/3 way valve.

Clearly this post needs some proffesional assistance. Poster appears to be out of his depth with all things electrical.

Get someone in before you hurt yourself.

How do you know the spur unit does not have a 13 amp fuse that has killed electrical components that can only sustain small current flows.

Boiler would appear to be the type Adam would have had in his cave to keep Eve warm. While boiler looks steam driven (almost sure no PCB) one does need basic electrical skills to locate where the problem is

OP. Turn off the power at the fused outlet then remove the cover on th wiring center that someone has put in upside down :rolleyes:

If this is a pcb typ of wiring centre then there is a good chance of a fuse in there has blown. Probably a 2.5amp or similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back