Heating oil tank placement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. Looking at installing a heating tank in my garden so I can get rid of the storage heaters

Need some advice regarding clearances, ultimately I want it as close to the garage as possible so it doesn't encroach to much in the garden

In the image you can see the garage and the shed. The gap is 4m and the dimension the other way to the path I'm stood on is 3m

My rough plan is to move the shed away, demolish the Coal bunker, remove the trees and cast a concrete pad for the tank to sit on.

From my research I need to be 1.8m from non fire rated structures. And 760mm from the fence

Can I screw a fire rated board over the window or brick it up so I could have tank closer to back of garage.

Can I build a wall up against the boundary fence to be closer to that?

What could I do with the eaves of the garage?

I am ultimately going to get the tank and boiler commissioned by an oftec engineer however I would like to be for armed with my options prior to getting one involved and get as much of the donkey work as possible done myself

Thanks Dan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back