Heating query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed a worcesterbosch 24CDi/28CDi RSF

The system is excellent but I have been advised to have all of my radiators on at the same time and set at a minimum of setting 3 as this maintains the pressure. Now I have turned off radiators in rooms where I require no heat as I believe this is costing an uncessary expense but the pressure drops to zero. Should I keep all the heaters on as advised and is it costing me more using them all?

I noted the pressure rose to almost 1 when all the radiators were on but I have now turned only 3 of the 6 radiators on and the pressure is just above zero. What should I do?

Alan

Sponsored Links
Lossing pressure has nothing to do with radiators being on or off, look for a leak in your system.

I hope the boiler was fitted by a gas registered installer and not you.

The usually cold pressure should be about 1.0 - 1.5 Bar and will rise a little when the rads are hot.

The system should be able to run with a few rads turned off and should have an automatic bypass fitted!

Tony

Thanks for the replys, much appreciated.

I should stress that the system was fitted by a professional and not me.

For Spraggo. If I had a leak would the pressure rise with all the rads on?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back