heating won turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a freind who has a glow worm ultracom 12 hxi boiler,which she says has 1 tank in the loft which feeds her hot water cylinder,so i am assuming she has an expansion vessel close to the boiler somewhere,as she cannot see an f and e tank anywhere in the loft.it is a heat only boiler,a condensing model ,she cannot switch off her central heating or it wont go off when it reaches temperature,she says she turns the room stat down or off and it still wont turn off,the only way she can turn the heating off is turn the boiler off by the switched spur.the hot water mode is fine,any suggestions?thanks,bigAL61

Sponsored Links
There's probably a motorised valve that responds to the thermostat which in turn fires the boiler. This is either one of two, two port valves or a single three port valve. Either way it is jammed, the motor failed or the gears/auxiliary contacts failed.

You probably need a new valve or just the motorhead, which is cheaper. It is also possible just to replace the motor inside but in my experience this seldom lasts long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back