Heating works but hot water doesn't

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was wondering if somebody could help me. I left the hot water switch on for too long (about half an hour) when I normally leave it on for a lot less. Around 10 minutes is enough to fill the tank with hot water. Now, when I turn the switch on, it doesn't come on. However, the central heating seems to be working fine.

Normally the green flame comes on on the boiler to show that the hot water switch is on but it isn't coming on. With the heating, it is however.

It's a Worcester Greenstar Ri boiler.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The switch on the programmer? Or do you have an immersion switch? It could be a zone valve if you have 2x2 port valves. Or the cylinder stat. Abit more info on the system you have would help us.

Nath

I expect that your cylinder stat has reached the set temperature and does not need any further heat from the boiler.

When you have used the hot water up then I think you will find its all back to normal.

By the way its normal to use it that way with the hot water set for about an hour so that the cylinder stat turns off the boiler!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I expect that your cylinder stat has reached the set temperature and does not need any further heat from the boiler.

When you have used the hot water up then I think you will find its all back to normal.

By the way its normal to use it that way with the hot water set for about an hour so that the cylinder stat turns off the boiler!

Tony

I think it was as simple as that. I tried it some time later and it came back on.

I've got guests staying over so I was hoping it wasn't something serious. Thankfully it wasn't.

Thanks for the reply. I've learnt that it turns off itself after an hour from you. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back