heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my boiler is a baxi solo 2 electric ignition it lights up but goes out in about 5 mins i wondered if it could be the thermostate on the water tank

Sponsored Links
DOes the heating work, etc etc etc? More info the better.

But in the interiom is it low on water or is the pump not working? Or is theior an air lock because you just hjad a job done which you haven't told us about.

ChrisR said:
the boiler is working no heating luke warm the light on the boiler is not on for burner but all the rest are pilot light etc i have a switch on the tank that says auto or open what should it be on

Sponsored Links
kath64 said:
ChrisR said:
the boiler is working no heating luke warm the light on the boiler is not on for burner but all the rest are pilot light etc i have a switch on the tank that says auto or open what should it be on[
/quote] but the radiator down stairs hasnt worked for about 6 month

Paul Barker said:
But in the interiom is it low on water or is the pump not working? Or is theior an air lock because you just hjad a job done which you haven't told us about.
the pump is working the boiler is working just the burner light isnt coming on

It would help if you would write in sentences - you know, full stop at end, capital letter at beginning. It's just that some of us are getting on a bit and can't cope with this text talk stuff (or whatever it is). Thanks.

If the burner is not working, how can the boiler be working.
Have to agree with chris, your not making sense.
Try one question and answer at a time.
No, not having a go, just trying to help.l

Gasman1015 said:
all the lights are on pilot,fan,boiler just not lighting it does light up for about 5mins, then goes of as though its got up to heat, sorry a woman doesnt know much

kath64 said:
Gasman1015 said:
all the lights are on pilot,fan,boiler just not lighting it does light up for about 5mins, then goes of as though its got up to heat, sorry a woman doesnt know much
its an electronic pilot doesnt stay on all the time

You have two circuits, water and heating, does the boiler work for more than five minutes on heating the radiators.

Gasman1015 said:
You have two circuits, water and heating, does the boiler work for more than five minutes on heating the radiators.
it hasnt fired up for abou 1 hour now

I can see this going on for ever, you do realise that I will die eventually. ;)

Gasman1015 said:
I can see this going on for ever, you do realise that I will die eventually. ;)
sorry last time it broke down i had 6 plumbers round they didnt know what to do :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back