heatline s24 compact boiler fuses keep blowing on pcb

H

halfarjani

heatline boiler not working as fuses on pcb keep blowing after a minute of it working when changed. any ideas??

Sponsored Links
So does the burner actually fire-up before the fuse blows?

Oh you said "fuses" does it blow both fuses? Or only one?

proably a bare wire earthing it self and sending a feed back too the pcb
but your boiler has limted life span due parts cost please rember this when paying for repairs

Sponsored Links
yeah thanks it is the two fuses on the pcb board.. that keep going. i will check the diverter valve and look for lose wires. i will let you know.

Instead of removing the diverter valve motor just take the connections off it and we expect the fuses wil stop blowing.

Because no one ever cleans the water on Heatlines the dirt wears away the seal on the diverter valve gland and it leaks water into the motor and that arcs and the resulting current to earth trips the earth protection or the over current through the motor blows the fuse.

Tony

so just take the connetions off and clean them you think. will it still be leaking and happin again in a few day do you think?? or should that solve the problem for a good while. ??

First you remove the connector to see if thats the problem.

If so we will tell you what follows. Take one step at a time like a baby.

Tony

Following this thread. I can't get a plumber in today [sat ] so seeing if there is a simple fix. No stand by light on [ main power fuse Ok ], so I'm thinking fuses on the board. When I looked there was water coming from behind the 3 way valve. I'm an auto engineer - and I'm guessing water + electrics not good. I'm also assuming there must be a rubber seal that normally isolates the water from the valve.
If I'm correct so far, then my instincts are to remove the 3 way valve [ simple electric connector and clip ] and check condition of motor and see about ordering a seal repair kit.

Two very stupid questions from an auto engineer -

if I take the 3 way valve off to check - am I going to get a flood?

Just where ARE the 2 fuses "on the PCB" ???

With a Wife and 3 daughters in the household :eek: you can see the stresss I'm under !!!!!!!!!! Help.............................

Just ONE post about your problem is sufficient!

Otherwise you dilute the content and reduce your chances of getting a reply.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back