Heatline 24 Compact boiler- fuse on pcb keeps blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a heatline 24 compact combi boiler. Only one of the fuse on the pcb keeps blowing every few days. i have noticed that the divertor is leaking water but some times it is bone dry. for example on saturday it was dripping and when i went back to it on Monday there wasnt even a drop of water. am thinking this may be the problem that keeps blowing th fuse.

Can anyone help and advise how to clean this and stop the water from leaking. also can someone explain why the water leaks from here?

Sponsored Links
If the diverter valve pin gland is leaking then it will get into the motor and blow the fuse.

Best to remove the motor immediately before you completely damage it!

Gland needs to be replaced and pin cleaned.

Very common on Heatline because those who buy a cheap boiler get a cheap installer who does not clean the system.

Tony

If the diverter valve pin gland is leaking then it will get into the motor and blow the fuse.

Best to remove the motor immediately before you completely damage it!

Gland needs to be replaced and pin cleaned.

Very common on Heatline because those who buy a cheap boiler get a cheap installer who does not clean the system.

Tony

Thanks for that. do you buy any chance have a visual diagram so that i know what the gland is?

If you dont know where it is then I dont think you have the skill resources to replace it.

Its under the motor!

Tony

Sponsored Links
If you dont know where it is then I dont think you have the skill resources to replace it.

Its under the motor!

Tony

Hi thanks,

i do know where it is. just wanted to confirm what the gland looked like not what and where the divertor is.

Am i right to say that the likely hood is that the pin needs to be cleaned and the gland replaced? can the gland be purchased from somewhere like b&q or does it have to be a plumbers merchant?

can't resist having a poke at installers can you :rolleyes:

hunter 32 if you put an e mail addy in your profile or e mail me i have a spares list and exploded veiws ;)

can't resist having a poke at installers can you :rolleyes:

hunter 32 if you put an e mail addy in your profile or e mail me i have a spares list and exploded veiws ;)

hey guys thanks!got it fixed! changed the pin & the divertor valve

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back