Heatline S24combi problems

Fox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
and we carry on from //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=160761&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

hi all,
Yes I now got a different fault, the boiler just cuts out when it wants (dhw or ch) and tries to ignite then fails, stops ,starts, lights, fails, and so on until the fault light shows no flame. Yet you can hear the ignitor clicking (sometimes longer than others) and 1 minute previous it was lit and heat pumping round the system. Its so errattic but all focused around the gas and ignition,
I would say straight away there no gas or the supply full of air, but the oven grill works fine, so now help needed , is it the gas valve on the boiler or the erraticness (if thats a word :LOL: ) of it is it the main PCB?

Fox

Sponsored Links
As you say it sounds like a gas/ignition problem.

In that case all I can do is to suggest that you call a competent CORGI who is happy to work on Heatline boilers. Not all are!

Tony

As you say it sounds like a gas/ignition problem.

In that case all I can do is to suggest that you call a competent CORGI who is happy to work on Heatline boilers. Not all are!

Tony
:LOL: i know so thought i'd query here first.
thanks Agile

But has anyone experienced a Faulty PCB , and what were the symptoms?
Fox

It could well be the PCB but as thats a quite expensive part, a CORGI would be checking all the gas related parts first as most of those faults could just be an adjustment or much cheaper bits.

Tony

Sponsored Links
But its hit and miss and with all the other faults that cropped up can only lead to one common which is the PCB,
since i started this thread its been working fine even the washing machine getting its HW then boiler goes back to normal heating which is now nice and warm ,until the next hiccup

I've read some where that some type of restrictor on the flue is needed if its less than 1m. Mine is and horizontal. Any thoughts?
as it is now the boiler wont light at all, is there a sensor to check combustion chamber pressure?
When the boiler is switched on all the usual kick in for a second then shut off and start again, so fan running pump running mixer valve operating then finishes purging and tries to light click click click then shut down, and it repeats 3 times and goes to lock out with flame/gas fail led flashing.
(click click click is ignitor not a relay) Thats reminded me on the pcb the relay next to the output plug for the gas valve has been erratically chattering sometimes, if i had circuit diagrams for pcb i could trace a fault on it, but you guys just put whole boards in or is there someone who takes the time to diagnose board faults. If i work on something and changing a part fixes it thats great but i hate walking away not knowing WHY and WHAT caused the part to go faulty so it wont happen again. With experience you know others you find the causing fault and most from general wear and tear.

Any more help , i'm on the brink of getting a pcb and had to install my shower Sun afternoon just to get hot water. I suppose thats one less job to do :)

Fox

I just looked at some other posts and seen the effects of heat exchange clogging, my system has a 22mm copper flow/return with 8 rads tee'd off in 10mm plastic, it was flushed on install and i have just done it using aerosole can type with a special fitting in a rad plug. when flushing it was a bit discoloured water. thinking back tho i always thought it got hot to quick and began slightly kettling (which got worse) so i turned the pump speed up from II to III.
sorry to keep adding but the more i think back i recon it had a fault from day one, oh look the 2yr warranty up and the damn thing wont even light now :evil:
thats no lie 2 month ago it ran out,
and i'm sure someone mentioned something about HEATLINE and 2Years in one of my first posts. Is this coincidence??????
list of faults first to latest:
1-Timeclock switching broke
2-Timeclock totally broke so installed my own digital 'sauter'
3-Drip from DHW flow sensor
4-DHW sensor fail-REPLACED
5-Kettling causing lockout
6-CH sensor fail-REPLACED
7-Shutsdown when it wants, wont fire on call for heat or hot water
8-Clicking from PCB
9- Lights/wont light
10-Not firing at all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back