Baxi Solo 3 PFL 50 will not ignite - only manual lighting ok

Sponsored Links
The spark electrode lead connecting the PCB to the ignition probe is earthing to chassis and needs to be renewed.

thanks for that spraggo. Will give it a go. Just to confirm are you saying the electrode needs replacing or the actual wire? I guess it's the electrode?

thanks for that spraggo. Will give it a go. Just to confirm are you saying the electrode needs replacing or the actual wire? I guess it's the electrode?

NO, sorry if I did not make myself clear, the egnition LEAD needs replacing.

Sponsored Links
so now I am very confused. Bought new Fan & PCB, fitted new parts but fan would not come on, spark everything else ok, but did not light.

Put old PCB & new Fan in and all worked a treat for 10 hours yesterday.

Today basically the same except boiler does not work. So with old PCB & new FAN I get the FAN works but no spark. With New PCB & New FAN the FAN does not work but get spark ????

Tested the APS for continuity etc all fine I think.

What is going on :confused:

We dont encourage DIY gas repairs on this forum. That includes opening the combustion chamber.

The advice would be to call acompetent registered engineer like Mike Bryant.

Anjani

We dont encourage DIY gas repairs on this forum. That includes opening the combustion chamber.

The advice would be to call acompetent registered engineer like Mike Bryant.

Anjani

Agreed.

I am sure that Mike Bryant will be available!

Less likely that you really want to call an engineer though!

Ngiyabonga

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back