Heatline Vizo 24 Boiler-intermittent problem with hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post, I hope someone can help! My boiler was installed 4 years ago and I have had various issues, mainly F4 ignition fault which was rectified with adaption of the condenser trap, a few leaks etc. I have been having this problem for a week when I had to turn off main water supply to fix unrelated leak in the bathroom. All week we have been getting the F4 fault when trying for hot water, it runs cold and goes through 3 cycles without firing when the radiators are off, sometimes it will fire up on the third cycle and then we have hot water. The problem usually happens when the system is cold and hasn't been used for a while, ie overnight or when it is time to wash up in the evening when we have been out at work all day. When the CH is on, there is no problem with the hot water. The diverter valve has clunked for a while so not sure if this is the problem. Heatline have indicated to engineer it could be one of four problems. I am a bit concerned, only had boiler 4 years and don't want to replace unecessary parts and the boiler still not work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
before you start replacing parts get your rgi to check the meter governor isint sticking.

Things are not looking good.Not had a fault for over a week.Not had radiators on due to good weather.Have to run water for a good while before boiler fires up,usually on 2nd cycle.I know it is working but something not right.Engineer has suggested heat sensor.I have previously been advised divertor valve on its way out.Boiler only 4 years old!No guarantee these parts will fix problem.Can anyone help?Meter Governor checked,all is fine.Spent lots on last boiler then had to get new one,been here before!thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Seems obvious to me.

Get a proper engineer who can diagnose faults!

Never pay for parts to be fitted which dont cure the fault.

We call them "parts changers" !

DHW FLOW TURBINE SEIZED
most likely caused by scale
can with difficulty take it out & clean
the harder way is to remove the whole DHW HOUSING

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back