Heatline Vizo Blues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Desperate for some help here, I stupidly went cheap on the boiler when I rennovated my house and bought a Heatline Vizo 24, I have had a few issues with it - mainly the central heating.

Its been cold recently so I decided to turn on the heating for the first time since earlier in the year but guess what - its not working and i've not seen this fault before. When I turn on the heating the boiler fires up as usual but only runs for about a minute then stops, there is a sort of whirring noise that is present when the boiler is running - i do not think it is unusual. After about 5 minutes the boiler fires up again but does exactly the same, this process continues while the heating is on. There are no error lights displayed, I get perfectly good hot water from the taps, the only thing I think is unusual is the water temperature lights seem to go up faster than I remember but they do not go to the max but stay between 70-90%. The water pressure is normal.

I have recently taken off one radiator to decorate, it is back on now (I thought it might be the problem but putting it back on made no difference) I have been around the house and checked that everything is open and all the radiators are bled.

Its really bugging me this Heatline Vizo 24 and if I had any advice for anyone considering buying one it would be - don't do it! it'll only cost you in the long run!

I'm cold and would love some help - a new boiler is out of the question as i'm layed off work as of tomorrow so hopefully its an easy fix.

Sponsored Links
I have recently taken off one radiator to decorate, it is back on now (I thought it might be the problem but putting it back on made no difference) I have been around the house and checked that everything is open and all the radiators are bled.

and topped the system pressure up :?:

other thought is stuck diverter valve :idea:

Sounds like the diverter valve is stuck in the DHW position.

Have you checked the system pressure?

Sponsored Links
hi there,

I am a heatline service agent based in hartlepool. I take it that boiler is not currently heating your house!!

from the from the sounds of it the heat is not travelling from the boiler to your rads. unfortunately the most likely cause is dirt in your system which will not go away by it self.

if it is dirt that is bunging up your boiler your best course of action will be to get your system cleaned and then putting in protection like a magnaclean and inhibitor.

potting_soil.jpg

:?:

yeh, just the stuff I was thinking about you cant grow your tomatoes in... magnitie and other stuff that should not be in your system water i was meaning!!!

Back to the Vizo!

Its always a good idea to run the heating every week during the summer for a few minutes.

A cheap boiler like a Vizo is usually installed cheaply because thats the mindset of the owner. The boiler costs about £400 and they expect to charge a lot less to have it fitted, usually by an unregistered builder.

We charge £840 to fit a boiler, regardless of if its a £400 or £1400 boiler as there is the same amount of work to do. But of course the Vizo owners never call us because they dont want it fitted properly and guaranteed against any problems from dirt in the water.

Tony

Cheers for the replies, looks like i'm going to have a bit time on my hands over the next week or two so i'll give flushing it a shot... whats the best way of doing this?

Regarding the installer - he was a council fitter who is Corgi Registered just not for private jobs, i'm confident he did a good job for a fraction of the £840 cost suggested on here. The fact I used him is nothing to do with the fact I bought a Vizo - I would have done the same if I had a Baxi. I'm sure you'll all shoot me down but I think £840 for a days work is obscene, even if the fitter is paid £200 theres another £640 to cover guaruntees etc. I fit ventilation and the labour charges are a million miles away from fitting a boiler...

Can anyone actually give me an idea of what other than a days labour and a guaruntee I get for £840??

well for a start you would get a boiler that is not bugged up with **** for a start( and Goldberg...no i do not need to see a picture of it) :rolleyes:

and is fitted by someone who is allowed to install it and not an illegal gas worker.

what controls do you have on your boiler? has your benchmark book been filled in? do you have a building controls cert?

it is sad that you feel paying someone to get your boiler installed correctly is not worth it.

not to mention your council work has none of the business over head that a legitimate business has.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back