Heatslave 20/25

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a new water pump fitted on my heatslave 20/25 boiler and from what I can tell all is working fine. System has been bled.

The boiler runs and works. Only it won’t fire,
It worked fine before the pump went.
It’s been running now for about 1 hour and it’s still the same.

I’m lost as only the water was drained out the system to replace the pump.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Sponsored Links
i found one switch that is under the control box a red button but that was ok.
Is there another?

It runs but just won’t fire and heat the water up.

Sponsored Links
Ahh i thought there was only the one under the control panel and the burner.

I’ll have another look and see if I can find anything. It’s strange as it’s worked before the pump went wrong.

Thanks for the advice I’ll see what I can find

If the overheat(s) have operated and are not reset then the fan motor will not run, if its just running and running then one reason for this is that the photoelectric cell is seeing a (generally, false) flame during the purge period so just keeps running without lockout, you could try cleaning the cell but it may require a new one, if, in fact, that is the problem. Also, just try switching off the power off and on to the boiler.

What circ pump and setting is it on?.

Which burner is it? On any burner, you should be able to disconnect the P/cell. Do that and see if the burner lights, then locks out. If so, then you have your solution

It seems more than one version of heatslave 20/25 mine works fine without the pump running, only for DHW the central heating does not work, but it does not need a pump to fire up and run, so either a different model to yours, or faults not related.

Did it fire initially?
Before we get too technical...
Crack the bleed screw on the pump.

Did it fire initially?
Before we get too technical...
Crack the bleed screw on the pump.
If it was lack of oil, then the burner would go to lockout. If the burner motor is runnimg continuously, then it is either a faulty photocell or a control box fault. Testing for a faulty photocell is hardly technical.

If it was lack of oil, then the burner would go to lockout. If the burner motor is runnimg continuously, then it is either a faulty photocell or a control box fault. Testing for a faulty photocell is hardly technical.
On the circulating pump.
Wasn't looking for an argument, just for the person to bleed the 'water pump' that's just been fitted.

I was in front of one of these Friday morning.
Pipe to pump (circulator) red hot, pump (circulator) running but full of air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back