Hello junction box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I guys could one of you please help and explain how the glands that go on to the SWA cable go together to make a connection into a junction box, i'm confused at what the washer with the little tab on does? is it to put a spiked earth cable through, cheers

Sponsored Links
that is providing an earth connection to the amour, it should be bolted to crimped on lug and then earthed, I would expect brass nuts and bolts to be used here, Some also drill the box (if metal clad and bolt all the way through the lug, box and crimp.

If you dont know what this is for, youve got no chance of terminating SWA.

David

You need to be Glanding to Metal Boxes or a Metal encloser of some description, glanding to plastic is un-reliable.

What you described is an earth ring\banjo, this is placed through the gland, the smaller hole is for bolting through the enclosure and then the earth is taken from this.

thanks for the reply I was only being nosy because I have a lecky doing the work

Sponsored Links
boots said:
thanks for the reply I was only being nosy because I have a lecky doing the work

lol, No problem

I don't mind people showing interest as long as they don't get in the way of my work, Kids always like to hang over your shoulder and it can be a right pain! :rolleyes:

Just tell them your PLI does not cover anyone under the age of 16.......!!

lol, that and there not meant to be around whilst I test, I dont have any bl**dy barriers or tape, out of sight works for me :cool:

L.Spark said:
lol, that and there not meant to be around whilst I test, I dont have any bl**dy barriers or tape, out of sight works for me :cool:

Me too. I think we should be allowed to tether them to a stake in the back garden during testing! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back