Help About Electric 13 amp Cooker????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi at the moment we are trying to get a cooker, the electrician said it would be easier for us to have a 13 amp free standing electric cooker, does any one know where i can get one from preferably with oven grill hobs and in silver or any colour BUT NOT white, iv had a look round but cant seem to find many well iv only found 1, most of the cookers iv looked at don't say if they are 13 amp or hard wiring!! any reply would be much appreciated!!!!

Sponsored Links
All freestanding electric cookers require permanent wiring to their own dedicated circuit, usually 32 amps.

The only cookers which plug in to a 13A socket are Baby Belling type efforts, where you can use the oven OR the hotplate, not both at the same time.

the only 13amp cookers/ovens i know of are single fitted ovens.

i.e oven/grills.

Sponsored Links
If there is gas at the cooker position, then you could get a dual fuel cooker with a single electric oven and gas burners on top, most of those have a 13A plug.

its in the extension to another house we are making it into a flat so there is no gas to it just a plug socket were the cooker will be!!!

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Electric-F...-KD3C3KG-Electric-Free-Standing-Cooker/657298

this is the only one we have found but it doesn't say anything about only one bit working at once!!!

we was wanting something a bit bigger!!!

i cant understand why he cant sort it for hard wiring though

its in the extension to another house we are making it into a flat so there is no gas to it just a plug socket were the cooker will be!!!

http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Electric-F...-KD3C3KG-Electric-Free-Standing-Cooker/657298

this is the only one we have found but it doesn't say anything about only one bit working at once!!!

its says it can be pluged into a 13amp socket, i cant see how that would be possible tho...!

thanks for that the bloke doing electrics never told us that!!!
Get a different bloke.

It seems odd.

Has he expressed a reluctance regarding any of the other electrical work?

no everything eles is fine and he is happy to do!! as i am new to all this its just boggled my mind!!! he could tell me anything and id believe him lol

its says it can be pluged into a 13amp socket, i cant see how that would be possible tho...!

this is what has confused me we have been into the shop to look at this and had a chat about it but the sales man never said anython about not been able to use one bit at once and he even checked the back of the cooker to make sure it was 13 amp socket!!
im so confused now work is supposed to start tomorrow!!!

This version does need to be hard-wired, I have fitted once before in a staff kitchen in a work place.
The advert is incorrect.

If it not a case of what the electrician thinks is easier and you are willing and cost allows to have a separate allocated circuit installed for the cooker, tell the electrician that.
This will widen your choice.

If it not a case of what the electrician thinks is easier and you are willing and cost allows to have a separate allocated circuit installed for the cooker, tell the electrician that.
This will widen your choice.

in the main fuse box we have no more space for a cooker only way i can think of doing it is to take the shower out and have another fuse box fitted then have shower and cooker in that!!! i dont know anything about electrics & dont no how much more work this would be

If your fuse box has no spares, then it does starts to become a little more complicated.
But it is best to ask your electrican, they may be able to get around easier and cheaper by using a henley block connection.
Rather than a total upgrade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back