Help! advice needed installing pipework for washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am moving my washing machine from one wall to another. The wall has already had the hole cut out and a 40mm pipe has been inserted and runs externally to my drain.
Internally the hole is about 9.5 ins from the ground. I was wondering what I now need internally so I can connect my washing machine outlet pipe, as I have a short bit of 40mm pipe sticking out of the hole in the wall horizontally.
I assume I need some sort of corner bend and a trap? I had an "S" trap before in 32 mm so I think I will need a converter on the vertical bit from a 40mm to a 32mm. Can anybody tell me what the correct layout should be as information on the Internet mainly refers to installing a washing machine using existing pipework.
Thank you!

P.s Have been without a washing machine for 2 months now with a four year old so am desperate to get it sorted a.s.a.p! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the reply, but I was planning on using the S trap I have already,
as this is suppose to be better for smells from drains??
Ta

Sponsored Links
You need 40mm not 32mm and s traps are no better for stopping smells.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back