Help, Alpha HE CB33 Combi Boiler wont pressurise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Does anyone have any advice? My boiler seems to have lost pressure (is under the 1 bar green line) and I have no heating or hot water. I've tried turning the valve tap underneath to let more water in and repressurise it and it turns but i cant hear any water going into the boiler...

I can only see one valve tap underneath, should there be another one?

Sponsored Links
some filling loops have 2 valves some have only 1 can you post a pic of your arrangement ?also what are the neon lights on the front of the boiler showing? it might not be low system pressure that is preventing the boiler from working

Thanks Ian - I will post a pic of the arrangement when i get home shortly... The lights are flashing red and green alternately....

Cant be red and green can only be red and yellow yes this would indicate low system pressure.

6.5 INDICATOR NEONS
When neon A (red) and neon B (yellow) are illuminated, the following conditions apply:-
Neon
B Flashing very slowly (every 5 seconds) - Electricity supply to the boiler is on.
B Illuminated continuously - Indicates the burner is alight.
B Flashing on and off - Temperature sensor fault.
A Flashing on and off - Overheat or flue thermostat has operated. Rotate selector switch to the reset position (3) to reset.
A Illuminated continuously - Burner has failed to light. Rotate the selector switch to the reset position (3) and the
ignition sequence will restart after a delay of about 30 seconds.
A and B Flashing on and off at the same time - Blocked flue or fan fault.
A and B Flashing on and off alternatively - System pressure is very low and re-pressurisation is required.
A Illuminated continuously and B flashing - Pump fault or restricted flow.

Sponsored Links
Ahhh, must be colourblind!!

I would say its this one:

A and B Flashing on and off alternatively - System pressure is very low and re-pressurisation is required.

I'll post the picture of the underneath shortly

All sorted now, there was another tap thing, just didnt have a cover on it so i couldnt see it.

Thanks for your help! :)

No problem glad to be of assistance it is what this forum is supposed to be for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back