help, buying new house but boiler not working

jvc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

I am buying a house, and when i checked the cental heating system today, the boiler was. not working, it is a Ariston ACO, showing error code A03, there was also water dripping from the bottom left copper pipe (very slowly).
quick look on google indicates boiler shut down due to over heating,
any suggestions?

many thanks

jvc

Sponsored Links
Ariston engineer lives over in Bacup

Terry; Total heating
I dont have his number

I am buying a house, and when i checked the central heating system today, the boiler was not working
I hope you haven't exchanged contracts.

You should inform your solicitor/conveyancer who will contact the vendors solicitor. You should not have to pay for the boiler to be put into working order, so he will either get a written undertaking that it will be repaired before completion or negotiate a reduction in the price.

I am buying a house, and when i checked the central heating system today, the boiler was not working
I hope you haven't exchanged contracts.

You should inform your solicitor/conveyancer who will contact the vendors solicitor. You should not have to pay for the boiler to be put into working order, so he will either get a written undertaking that it will be repaired before completion or negotiate a reduction in the price.

thanks, contracts have not been exchanged yet, but i have already spent £1000 pound on home buyer report and mortgage fees, so i hope this issue will be sorted out, without the sale falling through,
the house is only 4 years old, so i was a little suprised to find the boiler broken down.

jvc

Sponsored Links
the house is only 4 years old, so i was a little surprised to find the boiler broken down.
Doesn't surprise me at all. The boiler has probably never been serviced since it was installed.

Ask your solicitor to obtain details of when the boiler was last serviced ad by whom. A copy of the invoice should be obtained.

The Additional Property Information Form, which is completed by the vendors, has specific questions (Part B, section 3) about the central heating. Ask your Solicitor to let you see it.

When you buy a property it s assumed the major appliances like heating and electrics are all working.

UNLESS, the vendor has stated that they are not working in which case you purchase in full knowledge of their condition!

You might have been better completing the purchase without knowing it was not working and then hitting them with the bill when it didn't !

Repairing a boiler is usually about £200 and that of little consequence when buying a house at £200k plus!

Even fitting a new boiler is less than £2k so hardly anything to get very excited over! Not the best boiler model though.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back