Help choosing tile colour please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have finally finished the bulk of my kitchen - may thanks to DIYNOT for the massive amount of diy info stored in this forum. Also thanks to the people who gave adivce on mitre-ing the worktop - unfortunatly I chickened out and used the metal joining strips (none of the walls were square).

Anyhow - we need to choose some tiles but we are having a problem choosing some. We have oak cabinets, gloss black worktop and black floor tiles - this must be a popular combination so if anyone has any ideas on the colour/type of tiles to get please post here.

Thanks....

Sponsored Links
What about deep red? Goes wonderful with black and livens up the place

Topps Tiles, you can buy samples as many types colours as you want, you get your money back when you return them. I would think that any tile shop would do the same as long as they are not a special order.

WoodYouLike said:
What about deep red? Goes wonderful with black and livens up the place

Something to consider - cheers!

Diyisfun said:
Topps Tiles, you can buy samples as many types colours as you want, you get your money back when you return them. I would think that any tile shop would do the same as long as they are not a special order.

I'm aware of this but we've been trawling the tiles shops and can't even decide on some to take home to try! Thanks for the info anyway...

Sponsored Links
Black tiles and black grout.........sounds like yours is a Focus kitchen(mine is) though the black is just behind the cooker.rest are white. ;)

Nige F said:
Black tiles and black grout........:

Black worktop, black floor, black tiles,......stick some Leonard Cohen on and out with the sleeping pills. :(

petewood said:
Nige F said:
Black tiles and black grout........:

Black worktop, black floor, black tiles,......stick some Leonard Cohen on and out with the sleeping pills. :(
black is the new........black :?: :LOL:

Thanks for the info. We went with 10cm x 10cm plain black tiles and will use black grout. Only thing left to do is fit them..........

Hi there
Just wondering if anyone knows of a product to clean and polish black floor tiles. i don't know what they're made of, i assume ceramic, but they're hard wearing, scratch easily, and are rough textured.
i just need to know how i can clean and polish them to a nice shine.

Thanks
Haz

Thanks for the info. We went with 10cm x 10cm plain black tiles and will use black grout. Only thing left to do is fit them..........

i did a job with black tiles all over recently and they asked for charcoal grout on floor and ivory on walls, the ivory looked ****, dont do it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back