HELP!! Firebird Combi 90

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new cottage, and switched on the Oil boiler for the first time, I can hear like a central heating pump run, but the Amber lock light is on.

Anyone know what this means? My first oil combi ever and no instruction manual left by the rental agency.

Any Help would be great.

Sponsored Links
Have you pressed the reset button on the burner. If it has not run for a while, that may be all you need.
If the previous tenant ran the oil empty, then the supply may need to be bled

Sponsored Links
Spot on with the reset button. The boiler now fires and I have hot water.

I can't get hold of anyone from the rental people today. I think it is not working correct tho.

There is no hot water cylinder or store, so I thought it should only fire is heating is called or a hot tap is turned on. But it seems to just run all the time no matter what setting I put on the Honeywell controller.

And no matter what setting the heating light don't come on, only the hot water light all the time.

Guess something is wrong.

Looks like extra jumper tonight

The boiler will fire for about 15 mins from cold, and it will fire up every hour or so even when not used, the boiler jacket is also the thermal store for the Hot water, leave the boiler "ON" it should settle into a pattern of only firing about 5mins per hour unless Hot water is drawn or the CH is on ;)

The boiler will fire for about 15 mins from cold, and it will fire up every hour or so even when not used, the boiler jacket is also the thermal store for the Hot water, leave the boiler "ON" it should settle into a pattern of only firing about 5mins per hour unless Hot water is drawn or the CH is on ;)

Ahh ha, OK I only left it on 5mins as thought something was wrong. I will switch it back on and leave it for a bit. So it stores some hot water inside then? I'm a city boy that has come from standard gas combi, to this oil fired beast, lol. ESP. After buying 1000L of oil my poor bank balance, lol

Sorry, forgot to come back.

You were spot on. It turned off after 15 mins.

As I am out at work all day in the week, is there a way I can put a timer onto this?

Yes no problem.
I always time the H/W on oil fired combis.
Just set it to come on 15 mins before heating.

Thanks,

There are no timers on the boiler it is all controlled by the honeywell thing.

It looks to me like when the boiler is powered the DHW is always on, and the honeywell times just the central heating.

There is no thermostat either just valves on the rads.

Unless you are willing to foot the bill....

The only snag, is getting the landlord to upgrade the controls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back