HELP!! Hot water but no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

So I have a main 30 eco Combi boiler fitted with a salus RT500BC.

So the hot water works fine - ignition light comes on
I’ve bled the radiators
Reset the thermostat and re synced it
Radiator light is on when it should be but the ignition light stays on for about 1 minute before turning off
No heat at all from any radiator

Please help!! I’ve got two children and no man to help!! I’m relying on google and now trying this forum!!

Thanks

☺️

Sponsored Links
Not something you can fix I'm sorry to say .......see if any friends can recommend a decent gas fitter.
Go on the gas safe register type in find an engineer with your postcode a list will come up .....you can look at an image of the gas fitters to see them ........Unfortunately it looks like a rogues gallery .......beware of any that profess honesty and honour ....my experiance of people who profess their integrity is that they're the ones you have to watch !!!!!!! A life lesson. You want a busy bloke not one that can come round instantly ....for obvious reasons ....All the best.

Put your town/ city on you post so lads in the Cc know where you are you might get a response from one of them ! I've posted a link in the Cc your location will help.

Sponsored Links
I guess that you topped the system up after bleeding the rads?

No I didn’t top up the system, how do I do that??!! Never had to touch my boiler before!!

So I deffo need a plumber then??

Xxxxxxxxxxx

What does the gauge read on the front of the boiler and are both the dials turned fully to the right?

Yes I’ve turned them right up to the max

What I don’t understand is the fact the water and ignition is perfectly fine but the radiators aren’t?? I thought an ignition was an ignition for both??!!

did you look at the gauge ? ignition
It is for both, something is stopping the central heating coming on, did you put new batteries in the stat?

Sorry where is the gauge?? I’m looking at the dials that control the heat is that right??

Yes I replaced the batteries twice in the thermostat and re synced it

Xxxxxxxxxxx

put the heating on at your stat them post a pic of the front of the boiler panel with the flap down so we can see what is happening

1289A15E-07ED-42D5-8F44-8C82BAC46D9D.jpeg
6E111F9E-2E45-4C2E-A001-60590F0C49DE.jpeg
23CE7416-ED25-422F-8AAD-6A3289C39D68.jpeg
5B1AFC99-880D-4CDB-95B4-29F57DC90E92.jpeg
CDDEFC87-DA0E-4F42-AD7D-4D68E001A792.jpeg
Ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back