HELP!! Hot water but no heating

I will check the pipes:)

Yep checked the ‘rads’ - sorry I don’t know abbreviations for these things. It was all working fine up until yesterday

Plate hex means nothing, remember it’s different when your in a trade and know about it, ask me about the EYFS and CoEL and I’m your woman:LOL::p

Take the P all you like.....in the meantime I’m freezing my bits off under 100000 blankets (seriously it feels that many!!!) and thinking how I want to spend the day in bed being warm

Xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Plate hex means nothing, remember it’s different when your in a trade and know about it, ask me about the EYFS and CoEL and I’m your woman:LOL::p

@Pieceofcandy us heating engineers refer to this time of year as Heating Season! It arrives after a hot summer when no one has used their central heating for about 7 months and the parts of the system that control central heating have not been 'exercised' (shall we say). It is very common for those parts to have become seized or defective through lack of use.
As a lay person, there is only so much you can do, through advice given here, using the basic control adjustments available to you, to try and remedy your problem.
This thread has covered pretty much all of the things you might do to try and fix the issue.
Beyond that, you need an engineer and as @gasbanni has advised, if you state what city or town you leave near, then someone here could recommend an engineer that covers your area or that engineer might respond directly to you.
Good luck and wtf is EOSF and CoYL? :confused:

Ha @rhinosaw. I have only just read that back!! Unfortunately no man (or I’ll welcome a woman if need be!!) to help me (n)

@dilalio i can imagine to be fair that is the case. I really do appreciate all the help that has been given on here with helping someone who has no idea with a genuine problem!!!

I will look at the pipes thing in a mo

When I bought a Baxi I didn’t realise this would be the case - I thought it was a good brand :cautious:

Xxxxxxxxxxx

P.s EYFS is the early years foundation stage and CoEL is characteristics of effective learning - told you I was the woman to ask :) I could type all about it but I don’t think you wouldn’t understand just like I don’t about engineering stuff that’s why forums are good

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back